LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview&Arduino Uno for communication with AD5383

Hi there,

I am new to this subject, but I read around in a few blogs before. I stumbled across the Arduino Uno as a possibility to connect an I2C controlled chip to my PC.

It appears that for the Arduino programming language exists a library for managing I2C communication - my question now is: can I connect the Arduino Uno to labview and then import the Arduino code for I2C communication or do I have to write my own I2C communication library in Labview my self?

Kind regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,134 Views)

Daniel,

Already baked in! Enjoy...

Screenshot-2011-08-26_08.14.54.png

-Ben

Ben J.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Daniel,

All of the low level I2C functionality is taken care of for you in LabVIEW so you don't need to know how I2C works at the bit level.  You can simple send packets of data byte by byte.  You will not be able to copy and past Arduino code that uses I2C into LabVIEW but it should be very easy to write I2C commands to talk to any sensors from within LabVIEW.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about this.

-Sam

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Hello,

I tried to install the Arduino labview interface as explained in the Forum - however, after installing the VIPM package manager I can not find the package "Labview interface for Arduino" anywhere... any ideas?

Cheers, Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Daniel?

What versoin of LabVIEW are you using?  I've not built the toolkit for 2011 so you'll have to use LV 2009 or 2010 for now.  If you have 2011 you will not see the toolkit.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Hi Sam K,

I am using labview 8.5 - sounds like that could be the problem....

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Daniel,

Yes, you'll have to use LabVIEW 2009 or 2010 for now.  A 2011 build should be released sometime in the near future.

Regards,

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,386 Views)