LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino Labview connection - error 5002

Hi,

I'm new to this stuff, so I'm trying something easy, although I keep getting error 5002.

I've done the following steps: http://labviewhacker.com/doku.php?id=learn:libraries:lifa:getting_started 

I had another website but I'm not finding it now, but this is the same.

I'm running Labview 2011 (64bit) on Windows 8 (64bit). I have an Seeeduino Stalker v2.1.

I'm running the attached file, for an easy example. If I run the highlight execution (to see where the error starts) I get error 5002 right after the iniciatilize.vi (the one that has to initiate the vi).

The autodect does detect the seeeduino, but for some reason I cannot understand it does not initializes it.

Can somebody give me a hint or something about what I'm missing?

thanks for the attention,

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,050 Views)

I've tried the same thing with arduino mega (atmega 1280) and I got the same error, 5002.

What could this be?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,017 Views)

See the official documentation for the error.  I can't comment on the Seeeduino since it's not officially supported but the Arduino Mega (which has a ATmega2560) has a default baud rate of 9600 in the firmware so the baudrate for Init.vi should be set likewise.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,017 Views)

I've seen that several times already.

I supposed seeeduino might not be supported so I tryed ATmega 1280. I've changed the baud rate for 9600 in Labview. it is set as 9600 in Windows and as you say it is defined as 9600 on arduino firmware.

So I still don't know what's happening. I've tried to change some waiting times in the init.vi as I've seen on other posts, still no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,017 Views)