LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino mega 2560

Hi,

I have example to connect The arduino to labview . and it gave me an error = -1073807299

what it means

and actually I up date the labview to 10  with LVIFA as recommended

any advise for the connection

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,789 Views)

Othman,

Which VI is generating the error?  Also please read the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Setup Procedure and LabVIEW Interface for Arduino FAQ to confirm that you have everything setup correctly.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,316 Views)

Hello, i can't find all digital and analog pins for arduino mega 2560, how can i use them? where do i find them?

there are only 14 digital pins (0-13) and 6 analog pins (0-5), the arduino mega 2560 has a lot more. How can i make use of them or how can i modify the code to make them appear??

thanks

Tomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,316 Views)

Hey Tomas,

You will need to update the Check For Pin Out of Range VI. I think we updated this already in LIFA 2.0 so if you are using the latest version and still seeing issues let us know.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,316 Views)

Hi Kevin_F thanks for the answer.

Do i need to upload a new sketch for the arduino to work properly? or with the sketch i uploaded before in last version is enough?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,316 Views)

We didn't change anything on the sketch side for that fix so you should be ok with the last version.

Kevin Fort
NI
Message 6 of 9
(4,316 Views)

Hi, i still cant use the other pins on ardino mega 2560, i dont know what happens, but when i declare lets say pin 41, it automatically sets pin 13 wich is the highest of the arduino uno.

Help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,316 Views)

In the Init VI are you setting the board type to be the Mega 2560? None of the code should automatically change the pin number - the check for pin out of range will throw an error if you go outside the range of othe board you selected.

Is this what your check for pin out of range VI looks like?

pinoutofrange.png

When you are reading/writing to the digital pins are you using the build in Digitial Read Pin/Analog Read Pin VI's?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,316 Views)

Ok, this is the VI:

la foto (4).JPG

i have selected the pin 50, and it gives me the 5001 error:

digitalread.JPG

i have found the chek for pin out of range.vi, but what do i do with it?

is it this one??--->checkforpinoutrange.JPG

and this is what i want to do:

i want to read a digital input, but i have a design that only reads white or reflective objects, it does not recognize black objects beacause it doesn´t reflect the IR light, so... this is just a little part of the hole project, and i need to be able to use more pins, but when i try to use the, lets say... the 50th pin , it doesn´t work, and when i configure the pin 8 or any other that is on the range of the arduino ONE , it works.

this is with the pin 8:

la foto.JPG

la foto (3).JPG

also i dont know if you can help me with this, ,,,,, i want to count the inputs and increment the count 1 by one, the white ones . i dont know how to make the vi to work.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,316 Views)