LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can LIFA work with Microchip's UNO32 and MAX32?

Any update? I have regular Arduino UNO which works great and an Digilent UNO32 which I cannot seem to get LIFA to connect to (error 5002). I am using the MPIDE for the UNO32...

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,479 Views)

I just went ahead and bought an Arduino to use with LIFA. I will wait until the people at Digilent get it working, or at least people smarter than I figure it out.

Sam, have you had any luck with yout ChipKit?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,479 Views)

I just sent an email (1/6/2012) to Mr. Renaud at Digilent again to see what the status is for fixing their servo library bug.

Message 13 of 21
(1,479 Views)

Hello, from a performance point of view, that will be interesting if Chipkit could work!

Do you have news about the Digilent engineer?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,479 Views)

Well, I hope it will be done.

I already have a Chipkit UNO32 and I'd like to have more of the great Arduino libraries working on it. With much higher RAM space than the standard Arduino, I think it would be easier to make nice projects (i.e : Wifi + SD card + other RAM consumming stuffs).

But without libs, it will take lot more time to acheive these functions.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,479 Views)

Here's the latest from Digilent, received today.

Hello Tim,

We currently do not have any plans to have the chipKits supported in LabView.   You should inquire on the forums at chipkit.org/forum to see if anyone is currently working on that.  

Best Regards,

Ryan Kim

Digilent Inc.

1300 NE Henley Ct.

Suite 3

Pullman, WA 99163

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,479 Views)

I never got a reply from Digilent.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,479 Views)

A shot in the dark but when I was getting LIFA to work on my DUE I fixed this by changing this line:

if((command[0] == 0xFF) && (checksum_Test(command) == 0))

I added the parenthesis.  Compilers can work different with different toolchains but essentially I think it was an order of precidence issue, without the parenthesis you're leaving that up to the compiler which for the DUE wasn't working.  I used a serial port monitor to spy on the RS-232 and confirmed that the correct command was getting sent, then checked in the code and it was failing this command (using the else case) and the parenthesis fixed it.  Likely evaluating the && before one of the sets of ==

Resulting error was a 5002 error.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,479 Views)

It's pretty easy to get LIFA working with chipkit.  Just remove the AFMotor code and you should be good to go.  I did this a few days ago and I'll post the firmware when I get a chance (its on my other PC).

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,479 Views)

I've attached firmware that should work with ChipKit to this post.  Keep in mind some VI's are not supported in this firmware and will probably time out if run with this firmware.  I'll see if I can put something more robust together in the near future.

Post here if you have any feedback / questoins on this.

EDIT: Removed firmware see post below.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,479 Views)