LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you change the code?

i cant make the LIFA to work any more.

almost all my pwm pins are activated , the labview syncronizes correctly to the arduino mega 2560 , but it doesn't work properly anymore

I stop the vi and the pwm pins are still activated, so i think its the code.

I also tryed to upload some of the basic sketches and some of my proyect sketches from the arduino IDE and they worked correctly.

I uploaded to the lastest version of LIFA and uploaded the sketches inside the Firmware folder, and the problem started. Then, i downgraded to the version before, and the problem persisted.

Don't know what to do,

I'm out of solutions.

Help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,005 Views)

Hello MecaMex,

I had the same problem that you have now and I solve it putting  in the 'Init VI's Visa Resource' inputs a contant for the COM that I was using and a constant that chooses board Mega 2560.

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,320 Views)

No,I meant the processing code, because the labview syncs correctly, I think it's that because before I even do anything the pwm pins are activated. Not all, but the 3,4,5,6,11 pins are activated they are like writing 5V all the time normally.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,320 Views)

Hey MecaMex,

We have noticed some weird behavior on the Mega digital pins when no LabVIEW code is running. We didn't change anything on our end that I think would cause this behavior so I think something changed behind the scenes with Arduino 1.0 that we aren't dealing with. Does the Mega behave normally when LIFA code is actually running?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,320 Views)

Hi Kevin_F

ok so, i solved my problem!!!!

the only version that worked for me was 1.3.0.26 of LIFA , but i dont mean the labview interface, i mean the processing code, i dont know if i explain my self?

i have been developing a program since that version and i had no problems to make it work just fine on my mega 2560 R2, i upgrated the version of LIFA every time a new one arrived, but i upgrated the LIFA and i didn't do anything with the processing code and everything worked correctly.

But i made the mistake of uploading the processing code to the arduino board on the last version of LIFA 2.1.1.69  and i sufered for 2 days, because i didn't know what it was.

Do you think that i can upgrade to the last version of LIFA and stay with the processing code from 1.3.0.26 and make everything work, because i've noticed that some changes are made on the labview interface and i don't know if i'm going to be able to use them.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,320 Views)

You should be able to use any of the features that were part of the LabVIEW interface with the 1.3 version but a lot of the newer features (the LCD and continuous acquisition will not be available). Do you have issues when LIFA code is running or do you only see the issue when no LabVIEW code is running?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,320 Views)

When i uploaded the processing code from LIFA 2.1.1.69: 

I had no problems with the sychronization but, nothing worked.    the RX and TX led were on, and everithing semmed to be right but nothing worked and also, like i told before, the digital pins 3,4,5,6,11 were like writing 5V and i couldn't do anything with all the other pins, not even a simple vi.

But with the 1.3 i can do everithing (in the possibilities of the code of course, like you said).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,320 Views)

I got the same problem that you described on my Mega. It was never an issue until a few hours ago. Not sure if something else happened.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,320 Views)

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you guys using? 1.0, 022. 023? Nothing should have changed in the last couple of weeks that would cause this.

Soldanr- do you know what you changed to start running into the error?

Kevin Fort
NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,320 Views)

Kevin,

I am running 1.0

I actually uploaded the old LIFA 1.3 .pde file and the digital pins 3,4,5,6,11 where back to not writting 4.9 volts.

I noticed the change when i was trying to read a reed switch on digital 2. I was using a pull down resistor on the line and for some reason I bypassed the resistor and the board stopped reading the digital in. So I checked the voltage on the pins and sure enough a few of them were all writting 4.9 volts.

I may have shorted it somehow.

After following the direcions from Mecamex I installed 1.3 and it worked.

I will investigate that a little more.

Rafael

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,320 Views)