LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 5002 with UNO board on Init

did you guys fix this problem, i had the same issue with mine and i fixed it and it works now.  I had to go into the int.vi and adjust the timeout error time and make it longer.  of course you have to make sure your baud setting match and if that didnt fix your issue, increase the timeout.  it is set at like 100ms of something.  i went ridiuculiously high and make it 100000ms just to see if i could communicate.  once my computer was able to communicate to is i was able to back down the timeout to 1000ms and it continues to work.  If you have any questions let me know and i can take screen shots if you guys still need to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(2,747 Views)

hi,meryouma

do you have solved your problem? i meet the same problem, could you tell me? thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(2,747 Views)

SOLVED!!

Change the baud rate defined in the LabVIEWinterface.h arduino header file (in LIFA firmware) to 9600.

#define DEFAULTBAUDRATE 115200

to

#define DEFAULTBAUDRATE 9600

Cross check your active com port and board chosen. Run the model. Good Luck all.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(2,656 Views)

--SOLVED--

I would like for everyone who reads this post to know that I have solved the 5002 issue. You can find the post for the solution here.

Good luck!

-tStark

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(2,594 Views)

I solved the problem and i knew !!! Euréka.

In fact, the arduino board can't work on reading and writting in the same time. It's right, arduino programs is séquential. You have to create a sequential program where the reading and writing opérations following.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(2,484 Views)

3 days of wasted time; error 5003, error 5002, 

Pretty graphs and Virtual Instruments, but Can't lit up a single LED until extra elephantware NI VISA, VI Package Manager, LIFA Base and now LINX is installed. Hate LabView for this reason. Maybe i'm getting old, but this is too much trouble for a thing anyone can do in 5 minutes with Arduino alone.

Thanks for the advice. Hope LINX is better option.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,691 Views)