From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to upload LIFA_BASE to Labview 2012

Hi All,

I am able to upload LIFA_Base to the Arduino UNO in Labview 2010 but when I do the same with Labview 2012 I receive a compiling error. Thoughts? Is this not yet supported in 2012?

Thanks

Niels

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,601 Views)

Everything works perfectly fine in LabVIEW 2012.  The version of LabVIEW does not affect LIFA (as long as you have at least 2009).  The version of LIFA will affect which Arduino IDE will work though.

IIRC, the last version of LIFA to work before Arduino 1.0 was 1.3.  If you have LIFA 2+ then you need to have Arduino 1.0 or later.

What version of LIFA do you have installed?  What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,962 Views)

I used the VI package manager to download the arduino stuff specifically for LV 2012. That being said, I think it is the same LIFA_base.ino file as if I do the same for LV 2010. Both appear to have been last saved July 22, 2012 and both say they were written by Sam Kristoff in Nov. 2010.  The Arduino program that I am using is 1.0.5.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,962 Views)

Then what errors do you get when trying to upload the code with the Ardunio IDE?

Also, the latest version of LIFA was released on 31 Aug 2012.  What version are you using? (it tells you in the package manager)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,962 Views)

These were the errors:

LIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `loop':

/Applications/LIFA_Base.ino:59: undefined reference to `checkForCommand()'

/Applications/LIFA_Base.ino:65: undefined reference to `sampleContinously()'

LIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `setup':

/Applications/LIFA_Base.ino:39: undefined reference to `syncLV()'

The only version I see in the package manager is 2.2.0.79 although I looks like i can also install older versions.

On a slightly different note: I just tried to upload onto arduino the files that the package manager found for LV 2010 but then running LV 2012. As you essentially suggested before, this works fine. I suppose maybe there is a problem with the files downloaded for LV2012 with the package manager.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,962 Views)

I just tested it with LabVIEW 2012 and I have no issues.

The errors that you posted happen most often when not all the files in the LIFA_Base folder are opened by the Arduino IDE.  Make sure that all files (most specifically LabVIEWInterface.ino since they contain the function noted in the errors) are opened when you open LIFA_Base.ino.

So, once you have everything opening correctly in the Arduino IDE, it should work.

Let me know what you find out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,962 Views)

Hi Nathan,

I am having similar problem as Wheels. I am new using Arduino with Lab Veiw

I have installed following successfully.

1. Lab View 2014 as Step 1 and 2
  2. Installed NI_VISA Driver as Step3
  3. Installed Arduino IDE software (Ver 1.0.6)as  step4
  4. Installed LIFA ( V2.2.0.79)as Step5
  5. I am having problem installing LIFA_base.ino as described in Step6. I am getting error in compiling LIFA_base.ino as following.

“LIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `setup':

C:\Program Files\Arduino/LIFA_Base.ino:39: undefined reference to `syncLV()'”

Note: I was able to compile blink LED sketch and seems working.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Samir

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,962 Views)

The Arduino IDE probably isn't opening all the appropriate files. Make sure

you have a bunch of tabs in the IDE.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,962 Views)

Thank you very much for your quick response,

I see follwoing tabs

(1) AFMMotor.cpp (2) AFMotor.h(3)AccelStepper.cpp(4)AccelStepper.h(5)IRemote.cpp(6)Iremote.h(IremoteInt.h (7)LabViewInterface.h

I am not sure which tab I should lookout for.

Thank you very much,
Samir

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,962 Views)

All the files in the LIFA_Base folder should be open.

However, I recommend that you use LINX instead because LIFA is old and outdated.  Requires LabVIEW 2011 or later.  With LINX, you no longer need to compile the firmware yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,962 Views)