LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compile error in arduino 1.5.4

hey all

i am a new hobbyiest in this area and started working on arduino and labview. I have downloaded the LIFA and arduino IDE1.5.4and trying to upload the LIFA base firmwre to arduino But i am facing a compile error-"

Arduino: 1.5.4 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK"

E:\software\arduino_new\arduino-1.5.4\libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.cpp:5: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

This report would have more information with

"Show verbose output during compilation"

enabled in File > Preferences.

"

surprisingly when tried to upload the LIFA base with old arduino IDE which is verion 1.0.1 it gets successfull, i think it becouse of the new library files of IR remote tools are added in new version of arduino ide. and this libraries has some missing syntax.  i am not sure with whome I should discuss  this error means to the labview side or to the arduino side. so plz help me to troubleshoot this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(17,196 Views)

Hey,

The current version of LIFA was made to work with Arduino IDE 1.0.  Arduino has a nasty habit of changing their APIs and killing backwards compatibility.  For example the serial commands changed from print to write (or visa versa I don't recall which) so when you tried to build the older code in the new Arduino IDE it would choke on those older function calls.  This is likely what happened in 1.5.4, Arduino probably changed some function calls that the IR library depended on and now it can't build the LIFA firmware properly.

If you got it to work in 1.0 I would just use that for now.  It will be fully functional with LabVIEW and 1.5.4 won't provide any benefits.

I'm working on a way to make this easier and less depended on the Arduino IDE version.

Thanks!

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

Message 2 of 14
(5,146 Views)

iam also facing the same error

no support avalible

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,146 Views)
  1. hi, i had the same problem, but it was because i installed the version of ARDUINO 1.5.6-r2, AND it was for a BETA type fo arduino, i installed the version ARDUINO 1.0.5-r2 for windows, and it fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,146 Views)

I have the same problem Arduino Due I can not contact LabView 2013 despite VMP. please help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,146 Views)

Arduino Due is not supported by LIFA.  Also, to use LIFA, you must be using Arduino IDE version 1.0.5 (IIRC).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,146 Views)

but to Arduino Due no drivers for programming in version 1.05

Is someone decided this problem

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,146 Views)

LIFA is no longer actively supported so the Arduino Due will never be added to LIFA.  You will have to wait until LINX has support for the Arduino Due.

However, there are some people who have gotten LIFA to work with Arduino Due.  You should look for those discussions regarding the Due.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,146 Views)

Update, Arduino type devices compatible with LINX

Uno

Mega2560

Leonardo

Due

Yun

Nano

Pro Mini

Pro

Fio

MegA1280

Message was edited by: hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,146 Views)

I just updated LINX and it only shows the Uno, Mega2560, Mega1280, and Leonardo as having firmware.  I think I remember Sam saying something about not being able to support Due (or one of the other newer boards) until Arduino does an official release of their sofware.  Trying to support something that is currently in beta, is not easy since anything can change at any moment (especially when you are not the one developing it).

EDIT:  As noted by hrh, the Nano is also supported.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,146 Views)