LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize the response delay: For example from a Push_Button-LED?

Hello Everyone,

I'm using the Arduino UNO for this project and I simply have a push button connected to one of the external LED in my breadboard. The .VI states that Digital Read input pin 4 and output the voltage to the Digital Write output pin 8... By using an Oscilloscope I have noticed that after pressing the push button- it takes 6-12 Milliseconds to travel from the push button to the LED. For my project, I will like to optimize the milliseconds to sub-milliseconds. One of the attempt to fix the issue was to close all applications running on my PC except, of course, LabVIEW. This only helped to shorten the time for about 1-2 Milliseconds. If anyone has any suggestion, please reply!

Attached is the .VI if anyone is interested...

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Regards,

Jonathan Aguilar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,294 Views)

Most of the delay is caused by the time it takes to send the push button digital read signal to Labview  and then send  a digital write signal to the LED.  To get faster response time you need to execute this action entirely on your Arduino board.    This means either don't use LIFA or modifying LIA.

hrh1818

Message 2 of 4
(3,364 Views)

On a more general note about the use of LIFA, you cannot open two references to the same Arduino.  If you are using one Arduino, you need to use a single Init, Close, and a singlecontinuous resource wire (and by continuous I mean it needs to pass through each LIFA subVI sequentially; it does not work in parallel unfortunately).

Message 3 of 4
(3,364 Views)

Dear Nathan_B. and hrh1818,

Thank you very much for your response. The information you have provided has been quite much more helpful than anything I would of think of.

Regards,

Jonathan A.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,364 Views)