LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINX firmware for Arduino not working [SOLVED]

Hi everyone

I'm trying to interface my Arduino UNO with LabVIEW 2013.

I downloaded the Arduino interface for labview, I uploaded the LINX_Arduino_Base_Firmware.ino, I opened an example (RGB led), I selected the correct Arduino COM port, but LabVIEW seems not recognise the Arduino board.

The explanation of the error is "Unable to establish connection with Arduino."

I think that is a firmware issue. I didn't found anything detailed about LINX Arduino Firmware and my version of LabVIEW

Can someone help me?

Thanks to all!

Federico

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(17,488 Views)

Did you faithfully follow the procedure given here?

<https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:getting_started>

Are you trying to use both LFA and LINX?  You can't .

In the future post your LINX questions in the LINX forum.

hrhn212

Message 2 of 9
(15,629 Views)

Hi hchn 212 and thanks for the answer.

I followed the procedure, but the MakerHub LINX package is not compatible for my LabVIEW version (2013)

Anyway it should be possible to interface Arduino with LabVIEW 2013, with?

No, I'm not trying to use both LIFA and LINX.

I'm sorry if I posted this post in the wrong forum, but I'm not so confident with LabVIEW...

Thanks to all!

Federico

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(15,629 Views)

LINX will work with all LabVIEW versions from 2011 to 2015 (and will likely support future versions).

If you are having issues installing it, make sure that you have the 32-bit version of LabVIEW (there are very few reasons to have the 64-bit version and not all modules/toolkits support the 64-bit version).

Also, make sure you get the latest official version of LINX by installing via VIPM (VI Package Manager).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(15,629 Views)

Thanks for the answer

I installed the latest official version of LINX via VIPM

I know it should work with my LabVIEW version, but it doesn't...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(15,629 Views)

Another common solution is to reinstall the VISA drivers.

If that doesn't work, I recommend that you post in the LINX forum because

Sam (the creator of LIFA and LINX) will likely have some more ideas on why

it's not working.

Be aware that he might ask some of the same questions that I did because

you didn't post there originally.

Message 6 of 9
(15,629 Views)

I installed the drivers and now it works!

Thanks to all!

Message 7 of 9
(15,629 Views)

Federico. ?when you were installing LINX, the installation indicator bar went through very fast?Double check the com port, somehow even if the com port is wrong LINX appears to have been installedAlso check to see you have chosen the correct Arduio board under tools menu.Behzad From: LiliMcDonald <web.community@ni.com>

To: barddya <barddya@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:14 AM

Subject: Re: - LINX firmware for Arduino not working

|

|

NI Community

|

LINX firmware for Arduino not working

reply from LiliMcDonald in LabVIEW Interface for Arduino - View the full discussionHi everyone  I'm trying to interface my Arduino UNO with LabVIEW 2013.I downloaded the Arduino interface for labview, I uploaded the LINX_Arduino_Base_Firmware.ino, I opened an example (RGB led), I selected the correct Arduino COM port, but LabVIEW seems not recognise the Arduino board. The explanation of the error is "Unable to establish connection with Arduino."I think that is a firmware issue. I didn't found anything detailed about LINX Arduino Firmware and my version of LabVIEWCan someone help me? Thanks to all! Federico Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community Start a new discussion in LabVIEW Interface for Arduino by email or at Community

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(15,629 Views)

The specified serial port configuration is invalid. Please make sure the COM port associated with the LINX device is selected.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,397 Views)