LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVIFA_Base... errors during compilation

I am trying to use the LVIFA_base example, but during the compilation I get the following errors:

LVIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `loop':

LVIFA_Base.cpp:62: undefined reference to `checkForCommand()'

LVIFA_Base.cpp:68: undefined reference to `sampleContinously()'

LVIFA_Base.cpp.o: In function `setup':

LVIFA_Base.cpp:42: undefined reference to `syncLV()'

all the needed files are as downloaded from NI site.

May be I have to setup sorting before the compilation...

Some suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,364 Views)

It looks like it is unable to find the Arduino API libraries.  Can you compile an example that comes with the Arduino IDE?

-Sam K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,884 Views)

Do you have the LabVIEW interface.pde and LabVIEW Interface.h files? It looks like those are out of context for the IDE -maybe you just have LVIFA_Base open.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,884 Views)

I have the same problem.  There are no other copies of the Arduino compiler open if that's what you mean.  LVIFA_Base.ico is of course open in the Arduino compiler.  The undefined references are to functions in the LabVIEWInterface.h file in the last tab.  I can't imagine how it can't see that file if it's open in the same compiler instance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,884 Views)

Hi giubio, did you solve the problem and how? I have same problem now. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,884 Views)

try opening the Labviewinterface.ino also in the same sketch in a new tab. This solves the compilation issues.

all the best!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,884 Views)

I also had a compile problem. I just had to upgrade my arduino software to 1.0.5

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,884 Views)