LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino - Stepper Motor - 4 wire

I am working on a project to make a 3D printer using stepper motors. I am currently trying to control a single 4-wire stepper motor using LabVIEW Interface for Arduino. On the "Stepper Configure.vi" I have changed the "Control Method" to 4-wire. I now want to specificy pins 3, 11, 12 and 13 but every time I run the "Stepper Motor.vi" it reverts back to the default pins 2 and 3 and the final two boxes become greyed out. Does anybody know how to change the "Stepper Configure.vi" permantly to pins 3, 11, 12 and 13?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,040 Views)

You need to wire a constant to the terminal of interest in your main VI (the VI that uses the function).  You should try to avoid ever changing library functions themselves because as you can see, it doesn't work when doing certain changes AND it will break compatibility when you upgrade LIFA if you change them permanently and rely on those changes.

stepper_pins.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,519 Views)

sir,

Actully I am working on 2D printer which will print pencil sketch drawn upon a picture. I have made this program for servo motors and now I want to implement this on stepper motors, so if you found solution to your problem then i would like to know if labview interface for arduino is able to drive 2 stepper motors.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,519 Views)