LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2011 Student ED not installing on Mac osx 10.6.8

well, at least I made it to this place.

So yeah, as the title states; LabView 2011 student ED not installing on Mac OSX 10.6.8.. all it says is: failed to install... call your local support tech.

yeah right? supposedly the Student edition is not supported.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,347 Views)

btw... I got the LabView, Arduino bundle from SparkFun and it came with the serial number and all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,779 Views)

I'm not a Mac, user but I think these versions should be fine together. let me see what I can dig up. 

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,779 Views)

Yes the student edtion of Labview 2011 can be installed on a iMac.  The Sparkfun bundle comes with 2 DVDs.  One is for Windows.  The other is for MAC. 

I was able to install the student edition of Labview 2011 on a iMac.  However, I was unable to install LIFA because the VI Package Manager said there was permission error.  Something about writing files to particular locations on the HD.  I did not try to trouble shoot this permission error problem.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,779 Views)

hrh1818.... any suggestions on my dilema? should I try to delet everything LabView and try from scratch?

The only thing I can think of that I might have done wrong, is that I installed the VI Package Manager for Mac by following the SparkFun links before I even purchased the bundle.... The question is how do I delet or uninstall those files?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,779 Views)

k7michal,

Can you describe in more detail the steps you take and the error you see and when you see it (with a screenshot if possible).

Possibly related....

Why Does My LabVIEW Installation Fail on Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)?

Thanks,

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

Message 6 of 10
(3,779 Views)

Hello Michal,

I am a neophyte when it comes to trouble shooting installationn problems on a MAC.  Hence I can not offer any suggestions.   My reply was aimed at Sammy_K to let him know the Sparkfun bundle comes with a MAC version of the Student edition of Labview 2011.

I don't know itf this is important but I am still using OSX Lion.  Perhaps using OSX Mountain Lion makes a difference.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,779 Views)

Hi Sammy.

first of all here is my system in a nut shell:

MyMac.jpg

When I first put the CD in I get this window:

LabView1.jpg

Then I double click on "LabVIEW 2011 Student.mpkg" and then after some installation time I get this window:

LabView2.jpg

Simple as that! 

After I tried this a few times and got the same result I tried installing the other items to see if that would make any difference. The only thing I did that I think might be questionable is that I installed the VI manager for mac before any I got this CD.

K7.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,779 Views)

alright COOL!!!

I followed the instructions on this link:

Why Does My LabVIEW Installation Fail on Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)?

and it works....

I chose to not install the NI VISA 32bit version.

Now to get moving with Arduino connectivity and some basic examples!!! thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,779 Views)

Awesome.  Glad to hear you were able to get everything up and running.

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,779 Views)