From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview-Ethernet (TCP/IP)-Arduino

Dear all!

I'm trying to develop an application in which I want to control an Arduino Uno using Labview and tcp/ip communication. I have the arduio ethernet shield as well. So I want to start by blinking a led, but I can't find any example on the web. Could you please help me with this.

Best regards

Ahmalk  

Message 1 of 7
(10,337 Views)

Here is one user that got it working over ethernet.  IIRC, it basically requires overwriting your entire LIFA.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,624 Views)

I'v allready checked that and wasn't able to get it work. Uploding the firmware into the Arduino gives a load of compiling errors

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,624 Views)

How about a wireless USB Sharing Station as a workaround?

http://christophhartel.com/labview-arduino-communication-via-wireless-network/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,624 Views)

Wireless is out of question, ethernet interface is the only choice I have. I'v given up the ide of using TCP and started with UDP instead.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,624 Views)

I would not recommend using UDP.  Packet loss is common with UDP and will certainly adversely affect the ability of you to send and receive unique packets.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,624 Views)

Hello, were you ever able to establish a connection to your Arduino using ethernet? I am attempting to do the same but am struggling 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,254 Views)