LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview cannot find Arduino UNO board on COM port, Need help!

I have a same problem. I'm using Arduino tools in LabVIEW, and when I'm going to init. i/o port then there is no such option for selecting COM port.

Can this Problem resolve by these steps?

please help me in this matter.

Please

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(4,100 Views)

Can you use it with the Arduino IDE?  If no, you need to install the Arduino drivers.  If it does work with the Arduino IDE, you may need to install or re-install NI VISA.  Also, make sure that you close the Arduino IDE before trying to communicate with the Arduino with LabVIEW.

Also remember that LIFA is no longer under development and has been replaced by LINX.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(4,086 Views)

OK

Thank You so much for your help

I had also stuck in a problem i.e. Error 5002

but

Now its working Properly

ThanksSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(4,083 Views)

hey guys, i am facing related problem.. when i load program in arduino, and run my vi it works pefectly but when i try to change the arduino code and load it again i got error: 

*//Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 2674 bytes (8%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 198 bytes (9%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1850 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM5": The system cannot find the file specified.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.//*

and when i close labview window completely then i can load the program in arduino ide.

but i dont want to do this. 

so is there any way to load different programs in arduino IDE without facing this error?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,884 Views)

You need to make sure that you close the port in LabVIEW before you try to use the port with any other application.  This often happens when you fail to call the "close" function.  Even if you have the "close" function in your program, if you use the abort button, it will never get called.

Also, I highly recommend upgrading to LINX.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,860 Views)