LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Arduino addressing

Hey shogunato3!

I don´t know if it works, I´m not familiar with Xbee. I´ve to edit some parts of my VI according to the COM ports.

When I´m done, I´ll gonna post my VI.

Have a nice sunday!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(813 Views)

Thank you so much! Im hoping!

Im thinking of editing the VI and such, problem is I dont know how to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(813 Views)

after spending my sunday afternoon, it´s done.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79ypg3yebrsq0tq/AABMJJcR_4vqpBDGmhlrTjI-a?dl=0

the VI is able to do the following:

- have a look at the COMports 1-100 - you can edit this

- detect the arduinos at these ports

- detect the names of the arduinos I gave them in my LIFA. every name has to have the same length i specified in my VI, otherwise nothing happens and you cannot detect anything. i choose five as length, my names are "sync1"..."sync3".

- tell me which arduino according to its name is at which COMport

I hope this VI could help someone.

What I´m doing with it?

Want to connect up to 10 Arduinos and a USBhub with my PC in order to control my whole house. Perhaps I gonna put everything on my oDroid and a touchscreen. Don´t know

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(813 Views)

Instead of trying to loop through 100 ports, you can simply use the search method used in "Auto Detect Arduino" which uses the VI "VISA Find Resource".  This will give you all valid ports and will give you actual VISA Resource type outputs and will be executed faster in general.

Also, you technically need to read 5 bytes (not 4) to get the Arduino identifier that you added to the sync packet.  So, as you have it, it is sorting "sync", "sync", and "sync" (missing the 5th byte that contains the number).

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(813 Views)