LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM COMPLING LVIFA_BASE

IRsend mutiple definition errors when compling in Arduino 1.0.4 with latest LVIFA. Help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,796 Views)

If the folder in your Firmware folder is called "LVIFA_Base" then you have an outdated version of LIFA.  The folder should be called "LIFA_Base" with the file LIFA_Base.ino.

As for multiple definitions, that probably means it's got more than one of the same file open at one time.  There has been at lease one other thread about this same error recently so you should find that thread and see what, if any, solutions were proposed.

Message 2 of 7
(3,004 Views)

I was able to compile LIFA 2.2.0.79- the problem was I moved the files to my Arduino folder in MyDocuments! my bad I guess- when I deleted them from there, loaded and compiled them from the Labview directory it complied OK.

So I tried a few examples in Labview (read analog etc...) only to find the infamous (as it turns out!) ERROR 5002 WITH ARDUINO 2560 MEGA I have (3) of these and I tried them all without success! so I tried one of my UNO's No Problems!

After looking through this site and others I see this is an open issue as in UnAnswered/ Resolved--- I can not understand why NI can not identify and issue a solution- I can send you all (3) of my MEGAS if you need to see this for yourself- BTW they are  all rev:R3 purchased over the last year or so.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,004 Views)

Did you check every suggestion here?  The newer Megas cannot run at high baud rates, default is 9600 in the firmware.

If you still can't get it working, you should attach your VI (saved for LabVIEW 2009).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,004 Views)

I can not understand why NI can not identify and issue a solution

The problem is with the Arduino MEGA hardware and only affects newer (R3+ I think) boards.  The older MEGA that I have works fine and we've added some code to LIFA to make the new MEGAs work better.  Pleaes make sure you're using the latest version of LIFA and correctly selecting your board type to take advantage of the changes we've made.

Thanks,

-Sam K

LIFA Developer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,004 Views)

I am using the latest LIFA available- LIFA 2.2.0.79

I reduced the baud rate to 9600 and it works, why not at 115K2?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,004 Views)

You'll have to ask the Arduino developers.  It was a very frustrating week when I was 'discovering' this fact.  I ended up using a much earlier Arduino IDE.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,004 Views)