From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Labview with arduino uno and Adafruit thermocouple amplifiers

I am trying to build a temperature logger with an arduino and thermocouples. To start I just want to read and display a temperature. Everything works fine except there is something wrong with my interface. I am not sure if something is missing in my code or if I am doing something wrong in the block diagram. The thermocouples are attached to Adafruit Max 31856 amplifier.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,480 Views)

The code you posted doesn't make any sense.  You read the temperature and then try to write it to a digital pin (which is a hardware output).

You need to upgrade to LINX (it replaced LIFA several years ago) and then you can implement a custom command to call your thermocouple code and return the result back to LabVIEW.

So, I would suggest completing the custom command in the tutorial and make sure that it works.  Then, you can change the contents of the function to read your thermocouple and return the result.

If you have any issues, please post on the LINX forums.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,432 Views)