LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arduino interface with labview: not able to upload lvifa base file

Solved!
Go to solution

Attach is a zip copy of the LIFA_Base folder I use with Labview 2012.  These files and Arduino IDE 1.0.5-r2 works for me. 

If using this folder doesn't fix your problem than I suspect you may be pointing the Arduino IDE to a folder that doesn't contain all of the LIFA firmware files.  To make sure you point the Arduino IDE to a valid folder unzip the attach file to your Arduino 1.0.5-r2 folder.  Then to compile the the firmware run the Arduino IDE, browse to the LIFA_Base folder that is in your Arduio 1.0.5-r2 folder, open the LIFA_Base.imo file and then compile the firmware.

A faulty Arduino Uno board will not produce compiler errors. However a faulty board will cause problems when uploading the firmware.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,680 Views)

Hey i m sorry i m still encountering the same problem . does it have to do with the fact that i have an atmega8 board. Does it have to with space constraints etc, and its not a original arduino , but a local developer has developed the board. Will any of this matter?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,680 Views)

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,680 Views)

So you don't actually have an Arduino Uno?  The Arduino Uno and Arduino Mega 2560 are the only two active boards that LIFA was designed for.

What board do you have selected under the Tools > Boards menu?  Are you able to compile and run the Arduino "Blink" example when selecting the Arduino Uno as the board?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,680 Views)
Solution
Accepted by arjun1234

When compiling the LIFA firmware for the Arduino NG ATMega8 I get the same errors as you do. The different models of Arduino boards have configuration files specific for each type of Arduino board. Hence the LIFA firmware is not compatible with the Arduino NG AtMega8 configuration file. In your first message you said you had a Uno with a ATMega8 on it.  The Uno part registered on my mind but not the ATMega8 part. Sorry I missed the clue to what was causing a problem. 

LINX has support for a larger variety of boards than LIFA.  But does not support for the Arduino NG ATMega8.

H ence I suggest you review the list of boards supported by LIMX, buy a board compatible with LINX and upgrade to LINX

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,680 Views)

ya, i can compile all the codes i have written so far on aduino ide, while selecting board i select Arduino NG w/ Atmega8.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,680 Views)

Ohh so the problem is me having an out dated board, Thanks a lot guys!! Now i can buy a new board!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,680 Views)