LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controling a 2 bipolar stepper motors with arduino+shield + LIFA (Labview)

Hi people

Other thing is in the Stepper configure.vi what kind of control method I must use, I am using the "EasyDriver" is the correct? for this A4988 pololu board?

http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_124&product_id=1060#.Vye-7JwrKt8

I will apriciatte the help how to get the pulses x and y to save into a file?

Why in other program I can see the pulses decreasing and in my code I never could saw that.

best regards

cpalka

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,609 Views)

When using LIFA or LINX, you can never split the resource wire (the pink wire).  All LIFA/LINX VI's must be one after the other, each VI using the resource that is output by the previous.  This also means that you cannot have two Close.vi's for a single Arduino.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,609 Views)

Dear Nathan

I correct the split of the resource.

Please see the 2 examples

The StepperM2_count.vi it gives me the countdow of the pulses, because I have only one movement.

In the Stepperxy2.vi i had 4 movements (yback, xright,yfront, x right) I will need more but here I do not have any reading of countdonw, even in last x movement.

It will make me cruise....

Why use a case structure?

I try use 1 case + counter, then the false from countdown activates the secound case but no result.....

Unfortunly seems we do not have many experts with this shield in forum So I am really thank you for tipps and teachs.

Best

cpalka

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,609 Views)

Hi people

Here is a preliminar example that works as I want.

It gives me always the countdown of the steps.

Soon I will put here the xyz final example.

Thanks Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,609 Views)

Hi Nathan

Can you help me to locate the write to measurement file.vi to save the steppers values?

Why when I wire from the display steppers to outside the flat sequence the values don't come?

in the steppers to go.vi has 2 out signals the true and the values and i would to use the true to activate the write measurement file and then wire from the value window to the file creator.

I tryed many places and many ways, but even the true signal and values seems don't like to go out from flat sequence trought the wire.

In attach is my last version,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,609 Views)

cpalka wrote:

I tryed many places and many ways, but even the true signal and values seems don't like to go out from flat sequence trought

Sequence structures force data flow (this is a fundamental concept in LabVIEW).  In this VI, the flat seqence structure serves no purpose and should be removed.  I posted in your new thread also.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,609 Views)

Hi Nathan

Finally I have good results with old roland plotter transformed in a XY table.

Thanks for all help.

I let the final example for other people that needs to control 2 stepper bipolar motors.

Best regards

Message 17 of 18
(2,609 Views)

hey did u use Easy driver in the controle mode or 4 wire because i'm using an A4988 stepper controller and i dont know wich one to select??!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,821 Views)