LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read a MPU 6050 through Labview.

That's the same one I use all the time. Should work. Check it's not faulty - do you have another one?

Message 41 of 47
(3,344 Views)

Alright,thank you! By the way, the 2D array of register/data and slave address of I2C really confuse me.I don't know how to match them properly, I can just copy that part from yours and other examples. Do you know where can I learn the principles of register/data and slave address of I2C?

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 47
(3,341 Views)

Hey! did you get the answer?

I've been trying to connect the myrio but couldn't able to get it done.

I'm connecting 

scl --> 34

sda--> 32

Vdd --> 5v

Vgnd --> gnd

Is there any other connection?
(plus i didn't see any VIO in mpu 6050)

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 47
(2,970 Views)

how can we configure the registers of mpu6050? How do I know which to configure and which to not? 

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 47
(2,969 Views)

Hi tomnz, it is very useful in my project and thank you so much for the sharing.

However, in the equation for the Complementary Filter, I do not understand why most of the resources I found suggest a High value for Gyro parameter (0.8) meanwhile Low value for Accel Parameter (0.2).

In this link Resource 1, it even suggests 0.98 for Gyro while 0.02 for Accel parameter although it mentioned that "accelerometer data is reliable only on the long term" which mean it should be prioritized compared to gyro.

Furthermore, based on explanation on Resource 2, the equation is 

angle = (1-alpha)*(angle + gyro * dt) + (alpha)*(acc).
Let replace 1 - alpha as A and alpha as B referring to the above equation. The equation will now be
angle = A*(angle + gyro * dt) + B*(acc)

In Resource 2, it does mention "alpha is usually > 0.5".

This mean the B should be larger than A, right?

It would be the best if tomnz may give some clarification on this 🙂
Thank you so much 😉

Best Regards,
Soo Kin Wah
Technical Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 47
(2,768 Views)

Hi hazimdeni, did you get a response for your problem? I have the same problem after a certain period of time with the IMU

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 47
(2,248 Views)

Hi tomnz, 

I have Labview of version 2015 and cannot open this file. Can you please change this file to the 2015 version as I do not have 2017 version of Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 47
(1,210 Views)