LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpu-6050 i2c library

hi again guys,

ive got a mpu-6050 6dof IMU which im trying to integrate into my lifa code. it uses the i2c bus on arduino. ive managed to find a very good library which seems to do some onboard processing before outputting more stable values.

instead of bluntly using the labview i2c implementation, i would love to be able to use the current library, and just capture the output with labview. is this possible?

does anyone have any labview experience with the MPU-6050 or similar who could guide me in the right direction?

ive attached the awesome library for the record...the file of interest is the mpu-6050 dmp.ino example

Thanks guys

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(12,223 Views)

Yes, it's possible to do that which is mentioned in your second paragraph.  You simply make a new custom LIFA function that does what you need to do on the Arduino and just send back the relevant information.  This requires editing both firmware and LabVIEW.  Use an existing function as a template for making your new custom one.  (I've done this a lot and it gets easier as you do more of them)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,978 Views)

did u complete ur labview implementattion, if u did then can u explain how u used i2c write for ur implementation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,978 Views)

I posted a link and an explanation in your other discussion.  Basically, you can see how to do it all in the library that I posted a link for.

For other people looking for the code, you can find it here:  https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-34263

Message 4 of 5
(5,978 Views)

hi there,

I have been using  LIFA-BASE.ino library for arduino interface with labview and i used the

library written by Nathan_B to see the data IN LABVIEW.

im using : mpu-6050 , arduino Uno.

the data that i see in labview is unmeaningful and i need to use different formula to calibrate the imu and get the precise rotation.

I have downloaded a library named i2cdevlibf written by Jeff Rowberg. the data that are shown in

serial monitor demonstrate the accurate roll, pitch , and yaw. everything is perfect with this library but....

the problem: i dont know how to hook up the labview interface library with i2cdevlib library. and i need to know how to read only data from i2c bus in labview, as the configuration and calibraton of MPU-6050 is done in i2cdevlib and the data are accurate.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,978 Views)