LabVIEW Public Beta Program in 2023

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature: Diagram Zoom

To zoom in or out on a block diagram, select Zoom In, Zoom Out, or Actual Size from the View menu (or use the corresponding keyboard shortcuts).

You can also use Ctrl (or Cmd on macOS) and the scroll wheel of the mouse to zoom in or out.

Notes:

• Navigating between frames of a stacked structure with the mouse wheel now requires the Shift key modifier.
  • The zoom level is not a saved property of a VI. Diagrams will be at actual size when first loaded.
  •  Ctrl-- and Ctrl-+ no longer modify the font size, since they are now the default shortcuts for zoom. Ctrl-< and Ctrl-> are the new shortcuts for font size.

DiagramZoom.gif 

Known Issue(s):

1. Ctrl-Shift-mouse wheel isn't navigating between subdiagrams of structures correctly. [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  2. Visual problem with array constants (reported by user ShockHouse) - Bug 2369074 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  3. Cursor position off when zoomed (reported by user PNR) - Bug 2369076 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  4. Text can wrap differently when zoomed (reported by user PNR) - Bug 2369080 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  5. Visual artifacts when dragging VIs onto zoomed diagram (reported by user PNR) - Bug 2369082 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  6. Execution highlight is misplaced when zoomed (reported by user fabric) - Bug 2378197 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  7. Zooming doesn't work during wiring (reported by user fabric) - Bug 2378212 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  8. Panning not working when zoomed (reported by user fabric) - Bug 2378194 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  9. Attached comments not drawing correct when zoomed (reported by user MichaelBalzer) - Bug 2387177 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]
  10. Horizontal scrollbar not responding to mouse wheel correct when zoomed (reported by user MichaelBalzer) - Bug 2387174 [Fixed in LabVIEW 2023 Q3 release]

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 48
(4,777 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

Notes:

•  Ctrl-- and Ctrl-+ no longer modify the font size, since they are now the default shortcuts for zoom. Ctrl-< and Ctrl-> are the new shortcuts for font size. 

This is a huge blow to me since I use those nearly constantly.  Are they replaced with something else?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 48
(4,701 Views)

Ctr+Scroll used to switch between cases of case structures as well, but shift+scroll doesn't seem to work here, is that intended?

Is there any way to disable this feature and get the old Ctr+scroll behaviors?

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
Message 3 of 48
(4,680 Views)

I regularly use these too, hopefully they are mapped to something. (Hmm, if you have the cursor in the some text fiel then ctrl-scroll might be nice)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48
(4,647 Views)

Yes! Finally! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48
(4,569 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Christina_R wrote:

Notes:

This is a huge blow to me since I use those nearly constantly.  Are they replaced with something else?

"Ctrl-< and Ctrl-> are the new shortcuts for font size."

Christina Rogers
Message 6 of 48
(4,541 Views)

@Craig_ wrote:

Ctr+Scroll used to switch between cases of case structures as well

"Navigating between frames of a stacked structure with the mouse wheel now requires the Shift key modifier." What I meant here is that you can use Ctrl and the mouse wheel to switch between cases of case structures like before, but you have to also hold down the Shift key.

Christina Rogers
Message 7 of 48
(4,536 Views)

Thanks, this sounds fine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48
(4,530 Views)

There appears to be a visual bug with array constants on the block diagram that have scrollbars. The scrollbar does not zoom out with the rest of the block diagram, but instead just says where it is as the rest of the diagram moves. When you zoom in, the scrollbar area just goes gray instead.

I did not test with any other scrollbars on block diagrams so it may be in more than just array constants.

ShockHouse_0-1681838576553.png

Message 9 of 48
(4,400 Views)

The (blinking) cursor position for text boxes (strings, labels, etc.) is off by a few pixels when zoomed.

PNR_1-1681841074910.png

The thinner bar on the left is where the next character will actually appear. The wider bar to the right is where the cursor is blinking. It works just fine, just looks a bit strange when working with text while zoomed.

Message 10 of 48
(4,388 Views)