LabVIEW Public Beta Program in 2024

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path is absolute to .NET dll in LV2024 Q1 from a .lvlibp contaning a LVClass.

Hello Beta Team,

I found a bug when building a lvlibp with LV2024 Q1 I got link to my .NET dll as absolute Path, instead of relative path from the PPL.

I have attached a project with a .lvlib containing a lvclass containing a vi that call a .NET dll. 

This example is saved in LV2021 and work correctly since LV2013 ... But now in LV2024 Q1 it fail due to the PPL search for the dll at the original absolute Path that the DLL was placed.

Just let me know if you need more information.

Dany

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(709 Views)

I filed Bug 2645388 for this, but, for future reference, you can report issues that aren't related to the Beta (i.e., the preview features) using the normal channels instead of this forum. 

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(650 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

I filed Bug 2645388 for this, but, for future reference, you can report issues that aren't related to the Beta (i.e., the preview features) using the normal channels instead of this forum. 

Thank you Christina, I will use the normal channel the next time sorry.

Dany 

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(646 Views)

By chance, do we know if this was fixed in the patch that was released a few days ago? 

This bug is preventing me from using LV 2024 too heavily at the moment.

(I know this probably not be on the beta board, but since this thread is already open, I hesitate to open a new one somewhere else, and I'm not aware of a place to check for bug statuses in general).

EDIT : Nevermind, I see that patch was JUST for the community edition!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(429 Views)

@jyoung8711 wrote:

No, the patch was for LabVIEW.  There are a couple of bugs directly related to the Community Edition, but the patch, overall, is for LabVIEW itself.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(419 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

This bug sounds similar to an issue I had with LabVIEW 2016.  It was filed under CAR 683350 (I only have the old bug database number).  In my case, the work around was to change the .NET references in my class inside the PPL to reference a class in the GAC.  So I had to add some To More Specific Class calls in my code to get the behavior I wanted.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(418 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@jyoung8711 wrote:

No, the patch was for LabVIEW.  There are a couple of bugs directly related to the Community Edition, but the patch, overall, is for LabVIEW itself.

The NI Download page has the patch ONLY downloadable for 32-bit Community Edition.  However, Once I went into NIPM, the update was there.  I'm not sure if the website thing is a "me" thing or an "NI" thing.

jyoung8711_0-1710260657629.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(410 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Christina_R wrote:

This bug sounds similar to an issue I had with LabVIEW 2016.  It was filed under CAR 683350 (I only have the old bug database number).  In my case, the work around was to change the .NET references in my class inside the PPL to reference a class in the GAC.  So I had to add some To More Specific Class calls in my code to get the behavior I wanted.

That's good to know that there (might) be a workaround for this... However I'm not sure that that's a realistic workaround right now... That being said, I haven't "seen" this bug myself.  I saw this report, and the logged bug, and opted to spend my time working on other things, but there's at least one application I like to keep compiled in the latest "reasonable" version of LabVIEW, and it's PPL/Plugin based which has .NET dependencies... so this would be a blocker.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(408 Views)

@jyoung8711 wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

@jyoung8711 wrote:

The NI Download page has the patch ONLY downloadable for 32-bit Community Edition.  However, Once I went into NIPM, the update was there.  I'm not sure if the website thing is a "me" thing or an "NI" thing.

jyoung8711_0-1710260657629.png

I see what you are seeing as well.  I downloaded it before that page came up.  If you change the version to 2024 Q1 and set the Driver Software Included to No, you will see the patch as an available offline download.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(405 Views)

I apologize, we're having some problems with the download page. The patch is not just for Community Edition. We're working on getting the page fixed. 

Unfortunately, though, this bug hasn't been addressed with this patch. LabVIEW R&D is still researching the issue.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(377 Views)