LabVIEW Team Indonesia

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help

Hello every on

I am a new user to program Lap View and I need to read a signal from the vibration sensor but I need a signal amplifier (amplifier) I do not know where i find it in the control panel as well as I do not know how to build it please help ...

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,338 Views)

Hi EngYasir,

My  friend, no need to build it as LabVIEW already have it, just drag and  drop it. To amplify or scaling, it's as simple as multiply signal with  the amplification factor. you can find the function node through  "Numeric Palete (right click on empty space of block diagram, then go to  programming>>numeric>>multiply:

1.jpg

OR  to make it even easier, if you're using LabVIEW version 2009 and above,  you can access the multiply fucntion through Quick Drop, how to do it?  Press Ctrl+Space, and key in multiply.

2.jpg

Here's a link that can help you start with LabVIEW:

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics/

And let me give you a link as well for measuring vibration:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7110/en/

I hope it helps you to start your project.

Cheers,

Suryo. B

Message 2 of 12
(4,467 Views)

Thank you v much my friend.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,467 Views)

Dear friend thank you for your replay

I do that for amplify the signal then I find that the noise and the signal is increase on the same time now I just want to know how I can improve the signal to noise ratio.

thanks

yasir

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,467 Views)

Salam, brother,

Generally, to improve Signal to Noise Ration (SNR) is as simple as filter the signal, isn't it?

But, let's postpone that for a moment. May I know what is your hardware to measure the vibration? And what is your setup/configuration for the hardware?

Cheers,

Suryo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,467 Views)

hi

I use a sensor to measure the vibration through a DAQ 9234
and another sensor to measure the acoustic emission through a DAQ 6251

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,467 Views)

Hi, sorry for the delay.

How about the sensor you're using for vibration? Is it IEPE? or did you try to enable the IEPE through MAX?

By the way, DAQ 6251? Is the USB or the PCI/PCIe/PXI/PXIe card?

Cheers,

Suryo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,467 Views)
Hi.
I use the IEPE through MAX?
the DAQ 6251 is the USB
thanks
yasir
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,467 Views)
Salam My friend
any one can help me to improve Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) by LabVIEW program
thanks
yasir
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,467 Views)

Hi sorry for the delay.

There are many ways to filter or to process your signal it's all depend on your need. Some of them are:

1. There's an express VI called Filter, (ctrl+space and key in Filter and press enter)

2. From the Function palete (right click on Block Diagram Space>>Signal Processing>>Filters), but for this you need a bit of knowledge about filtering or you can gain information on the VI from help

3. For this one I need to ask you, do you have Sound and Vibration Toolkit installed  in your system?

By the way, I'm still curious about the accelerometer sensor you're using, can you share that information? what model? what part number?

Cheers,

Suryo

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,467 Views)