LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple web UI

can somebody please walk me through how can i make a simple web UI for my LabVIEW application. is there a way to use only LabVIEW or i have to use G web development software?

and if i have to use G web development software how can i make a web UI for a labview VI with it ? 

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,884 Views)

Consider attach your files as zip instead of rar. (No windows user will want to install potentially questionable software just to open your archive. Handling of zip is built into windows already.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,880 Views)

okay i will.

but thats not the case here it is just a simple VI reading from simulated usb-6212.

do you have any idea how can i make a web UI for this VI ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,877 Views)

Here is the zipped file

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,876 Views)

@Srag.Zhran wrote:

Here is the zipped file

Where?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,868 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,864 Views)

@Srag.Zhran wrote:

can somebody please walk me through how can i make a simple web UI for my LabVIEW application. is there a way to use only LabVIEW or i have to use G web development software?

and if i have to use G web development software how can i make a web UI for a labview VI with it ? 

From your attached files, it looks like you want a web UI to monitor values from a measurement.

G Web Development Software isn't the only solution for this, but it would be simple. It not only provides an editor for creating the UI interactively and authoring client-side code in G, but also gives you access to SystemLink Cloud, which would provide hosting and data communication so that you don't need to maintain your own server. It also includes NI Web Server, which you can set up locally, so that you can easily use the "tag" data communication mechanism even without using NI's cloud service. You can learn more from this recent presentation at NI Connect: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/How-to-Build-a-Web-UI-for-Your-LabVIEW-Based-Test-System/ta-p/...

There's a mechanism within LabVIEW called the "Web Publishing Tool" which can create a static web page with an image of your panel. That's an extremely quick way to create a web UI, but it's for monitoring only. (There used to be an embedded option that worked for control as well, but it required installing a browser plugin which is not supported by modern web browsers). Note that this only works if you run the LabVIEW web server and have clients that can connect to it, so it's best for an internal network where security is not a concern.

I hope this helps!

[Addendum - I don't want to leave anyone with the mistaken belief that these are the only options for creating a web UI for LabVIEW. I just wanted to offer a couple choices that might be considered "simple." In general, if you have a data service you prefer, you can publish data from LabVIEW and then create a web app in any language that supports that service.]

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,811 Views)