cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xC0000005: Access Violation.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I just want to insert my in-process activeX server in labview's activeX container. But the labview crashes. 

I debugged my dll and started labview with the debugger in order to see what causes the crash. After debugging my dll shows

no problems at all and I get the following error messages:

First-chance exception in LabVIEW.exe (VISUAL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

First-chance exception in LabVIEW.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.
First-chance exception in LabVIEW.exe (NICONT.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

VISUA.DLL is my dll. Inserting my dll in test stand and other containers works fine. 

I use the 8.1 version of labview. My activeX server is written in c++ and I use visual studio 6. I dont use MFC but QT. 

I hope to get an answer from you.

Thanks in advance,

Khatera Safy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,346 Views)

Search the forum with that error code or with keyword "Access Violation". You will get lot of threads discussing about that. Post if you still have problems.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 2 of 10
(7,343 Views)

Hi

I just took a look at the similar threads but I cant find a solution for it. I can see that all the dll of mine which uses activeQt, crashes in labview.

My problem is that when i debug, I cant find out where this error occured in my source code. 

any suggestions?

Thnks

Khatera Safy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,319 Views)

Hello All,

My problem is not solved yet. I made a smaller DLL to check if I get the same errors. And cant call this DLL either in labview:

I do the following:

1- Double click on LabView exe

2-  In the Getting started dialog I select Blank VI

3-  On the VI view I click right mouse and select .Net and ActiveX menu item

4-  I choose activeX container and put it on the VI

5- I click right mouse on the container and select Insert activeX object

6- On the activeX object dialog I see my activeX object and select it to embed it on the container

7- But Labview crashes immediately and I see the following error

8- And after clicking on Ok I see the following errors in output view of my debugger:

First-chance exception in LabVIEW.exe (testProg.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in LabVIEW.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.
First-chance exception in LabVIEW.exe (NICONT.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

Kind regards,

Khatera

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,222 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,221 Views)

Dear Khatera,

I bumped into this discussion on our webforum (also problem nicont.dll), I hope the resolutions mentioned in this discussion will resolve your problem.

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,139 Views)

Hello Martijn,

I just read the discussion, but what i just see in my situation is that every time when I try to embed the activeX dll which is developed in QT(activeQT), crashes labview while other activeX controls can be loaded without any problem. My question is, is labview developed with QT4? My dll is developed with QT 3.3.4.

Thanks in advance,

Khatera

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,106 Views)

Dear Khatera,

Thank you for your reply. Maybe we can try this by using the ActiveX automation functions on the block diagram. Please find more information under this link. Did you register your ActiveX server?

I didn't see any information about the QT version, but we can look into that if this doesn't work.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
Message 8 of 10
(7,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Khatera

hello guys,

Thanks for your kind replies and help. I just found out that there is a bug in activeQt. I just corrected the bug to test whether it helps. And yes that was it, so I can now embed my activeX control in labview and it doesnt crash at all. So there was no problem with the nicont.dll, the access violation occoured in activeqt dll and i report the bug to trolltech guys.

Thank you guys alot.

Kind regards,

Khatera Safy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,084 Views)

Dear Khatera,

thanks for your response. Ofcourse the dll could also be the problem,

thanks for your feed back!

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer