LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Dynamic Event Registration Array of Controls

Solved!
Go to solution

In upgrading to LV2012, I have discoverd what may be a bug, or at least an incompatability between 2011 and 2012 with respect dynamic event registration of an array of controls as opposed to individual control references.

This bit of code worked in 2011 but doesn't in 2012, with error 1 generated at the reg events block when run in 2012. I have been in contact with technical support, but haven't yet heard their take on this.

Any thoughts.

Download All
Message 1 of 10
(8,454 Views)

Top Application.png Here is the main program. (This snippet isn't quite right, but it somehow saved it like this... The controls are Numeric and Numeric 2, with digital references tied into the array rather than front panel reference elements.

And here is the subVI.

SubVI.png

Any thoughts on what's going on would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,449 Views)

I'll concur that it is happening.

It would be better if you had posted the actual VI's also.

Attached are the Main and SubVI's in both LV 11 and 12. in a zip file for others to test and investigate.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,444 Views)

The latest on this issue is that NI Technical Support has acknowledged this bug. They plan to "file a corrective action request (CAR) to inform R&D and fix this error for future releases."

They also recommend to "work around the problem by avoiding arrays or trigger events using single elements."

Hope this helps others....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buckidge2

Hello,

CAR #366331 has been filed so R&D can fix this bug on this issue.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
Message 5 of 10
(8,379 Views)

I have the same problem in my applications, after upgrading to 2012.

One workaround it to put the event registation in the main vi. In this case an array of references is accepted again.

You can leave the event case in the subvi, but you need to replace the "array of refences" by a event registration refnum).

Message 6 of 10
(8,259 Views)

I've got the bug too -- it appears this bug is present when arrays of control refs are connected to the ConPane. Link to cross-post on LAVA about the original problem. As Patrick@Vision mentions above, one workaround is to ensure that the array of control refs is no longer on the ConPane by collapsing the Register for Events node onto the caller.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,184 Views)

Hello all,

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to implement the fix on LabVIEW 2012. Hopefully it will be included in the LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

Regards,
Daniel REDS
RF Systems Engineer

Help us grow.
If a post solves your question, mark it as The Solution.
If a post helps, give Kudos to it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,137 Views)

@REDS wrote:

Hopefully it will be included in the LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

Thanks, REDS -- with luck we'll see this in LV2012 SP1. 🙂 In the meantime, a simple workaround exists by inserting an Always Copy node just before the Event Registration node, shown here on LAVA.

Message 9 of 10
(8,120 Views)

CAR 366331 was reported to R&D and is fixed in LabVIEW 2012 SP1 which released today. You can download the evaluation of LabVIEW 2012 SP1. LabVIEW 2012 SP1 will also be released by NI Update Service on Monday.

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

Message 10 of 10
(8,006 Views)