cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 f2 patch

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Robert,

Did this problem start after installing the LabVIEW 2012 f2 patch? After repairing, are the below files present on your system?

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012\tdtable.tdr

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012\English\lvapps.rsc

Thanks,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(2,246 Views)

> We have removed the LabVIEW 2012 f2 patch from distribution until this issue is resolved.

Is this issue solved now?

I just installed Labview 2012 (32bit) and the NI-Update-Dienst has now an update for Labview called:

Runtime Software: f2-Patch für Labview 2011 SP1 für 32-Bit-Windows (Runtime-Engine)

Can i install the update?

Thx

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(2,185 Views)

Hi OnlyOne,

We intend to resolve the issue with LabVIEW 2012 f2 by releasing an f3 patch in the near future. The f2 update that appears for the LabVIEW 2011 SP1 RTE, should work correctly for most users.

The issue with the LabVIEW 2012 f2 patch is due to a number of factors; primarily, if the Run-Time engine (RTE) is in use while the f1 patch is installed and then in use again when the f2 patch is installed, the installer will delete the aforementioned files. This has been an issue with previous patches as well, but the contributing factor with the f2 patch is that LabVIEW 2012 ships with the 'Variable Web Service" which uses the RTE, and so locks the RTE files even if all other applications have been closed. 

That is to say, if you close all applications that use the RTE, and don't have a RTE dependent Web Service running (none ship before LabVIEW 2012), the LabVIEW 2011 SP1 f2 patch is entirely safe to install.

Thanks,

Message 13 of 30
(2,157 Views)

The LabVIEW 2012 f3 patch is now available. Additional details are available in the LabVIEW 2012 f3 Patch Details KB; but in summary, it resolves the aforementioned LabVIEW 2012 f2 installer issues and adds a couple new fixes.

Again, I'd like to apologize for the LabVIEW 2012 f2 installer issue. We've significantly improved a number of testing procedures to help prevent this type of issue from reoccuring in the future.

Thanks,

Fred Visser
National Instruments | LabVIEW R&D | Product Support Engineer

Message 14 of 30
(1,883 Views)

Yes it started after I installed the LabView 2012 f2 patch.  I did not look for the two files.  I already reinstalled LabView 2012 without the patch before I got your reply.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(1,878 Views)

Is there a way for those who have not spent $1k for the VI Analyzer Toolkit to test the upgrade?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(1,859 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Is there a way for those who have not spent $1k for the VI Analyzer Toolkit to test the upgrade?

Lynn

Lynn,

Don't go hog wild but yes!  just put the test attached to the download into LabVIEW Data\VI Analyzer Tests directory

LabVIEW Help file

"The VI Analyzer functionality this topic describes is available only if you
install and activate the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit or if the LabVIEW Data\VI Analyzer Tests directory contains tests"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 17 of 30
(1,808 Views)

@Fred_V wrote:

The LabVIEW 2012 f3 patch is now available. Additional details are available in the LabVIEW 2012 f3 Patch Details KB; but in summary, it resolves the aforementioned LabVIEW 2012 f2 installer issues and adds a couple new fixes.

Again, I'd like to apologize for the LabVIEW 2012 f2 installer issue. We've significantly improved a number of testing procedures to help prevent this type of issue from reoccuring in the future.

Thanks,

Fred Visser
National Instruments | LabVIEW R&D | Product Support Engineer

Update service works

Link in the KB is the internal site

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://download.ni.com/cgi-bin/errorpage.cgi" on this server.

Reference #18.76e23f17.1350663161.76b1a34

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(1,803 Views)

Jeff,

Thanks for the tip.  It works.  Did not find any problems so that is good, too.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(1,796 Views)

Does f2 patch need to be installed prior to installing f3 patch?  Or does f3 patch include f2 stuff?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(1,583 Views)