LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

586x 1.1 Bad distribution from NI.com

Well, At least I wasn't seeing things and I can pass the CAR info to the Continuing Support Engineer.

The programming reference I want is the command set for the instrument not the IVI interface.  I will need the actual commands and responses to build a VISA Plug-n-Play project style driver.  That's not really too much to ask for.  It would be sweet if the supplied driver worked but with the issues I've encountered so far (This and the still unresolvable feature where the SFP won't launch on one PC) I probably should roll my own.  About the only thing I know for sure is the device doesn't like standard SCPI and expects a term character.  Knowing Anritsu they probably have some two char memonics and parameters are likely enumerated.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(434 Views)

Hi,

I will have to double check if we can share publically the command set for 5680 RF meter. However, we already have a VISA Plug-n-Play project style driver written for 5680 on www.ni.com/idnet:

National Instruments USB-5680

NI-5680

I briefly looked at the driver and it looks like it does expose some of the SCPI commands for 5680.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards, 

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 12 of 13
(416 Views)

Thanks!  That'll do

@MikhailK wrote:

Hi,

I will have to double check if we can share publically the command set for 5680 RF meter. 

That's a fairly odd statement.  An instrument vendor supplying a command reference for a remote capable instrument is not exactly a novel idea.  Smiley Surprised

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(407 Views)