LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Control of Word Application ceased to work after installation of P-touch Editor 5.4

Hello there, 

we have a very curious thing happening at our workstations. The ActiveX Control for the Word Application ceases to work after we install the Software P-touch Editor 5.4.

We use 

Windows 10 V 22H2 (Build 19045.3693)

LabView 2016 V16.f2 (32-bit)

Microsoft Office 365 64-bit

with Word V2302 (Build 16130.20868) 64-bit

Our LabView app is supposed to open Word and then load a word template. This template is then later filled with information and printed.

Everything worked perfectly fine until we installed said Brother app "P-touch Editor 5.4. Since then the ActiveX control stopped working.

The_Fred_0-1705058810490.png

I already figured out that Word is being opened, but the Automation Open function gives an error and the reference stays empty. 

The_Fred_1-1705058942064.png

The error code and message are useless.

During my investigation I found out, that it is recomended to use LabView and Word at the same bittage (LV 64-bit and Word 64-bit and analogue for 32-bit apps) but it has been working perfectly fine before the installation of the beforemetioned app.

Did anybody have the same or a similar experience and might know a possible solution to this?

Uninstalling the Brother App doesn´t restore functionality!

Could it be, that the installation of the Brother App changed some Windows settings? Or maybe deleted some libraries or similar?

Greetings, 

The_Fred

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(240 Views)