LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Data Channel Headings to Output File

Solved!
Go to solution

I have seen several threads discussing how to get names on the column headers when outputting dynamic data to a file and thought I would give a simple example of how to do this.

The example generates a Y=2X as 2 data flows and sends them to an X-Y graph and a text output file.

It is necessary to convert the dynamic data to a waveform and use the waveform attribute VI to add the attribute named NI_ChannelName.

The waveform is then converted back to dynamic data.

This is the solution I worked out and would appreciate confirmation from more expert users if this is the best way.

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,606 Views)

Hi Colin

I've been taking a look at your VI today and just wondered if you could define what you mean by the 'best way'? Do you mean in terms of the speed of running the VI, memory allocation or another factor?

If you could let me know, then I'll look into how best to optimise the VI. Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Best Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,561 Views)

Jeremy

The reason I wonder if this is the best way is the apparent need to convert dynamic data to waveform, add the headings, then convert back to dynamic data.

Is there any way of adding the headings directly to the dynamic data?

Colin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Highlea

Hi Colin

Just to let you know that your method is the best way to deal with dynamic data - there is no way to directly add headings to the dynamic data. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

Jeremy T
Technical Marketing
NI
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)