cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add an element(cluster) to an array of cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

hey guys,

I'm trying to add a cluster, as a new element into an already existing array of clusters. Can't find any block/function that does that.

thaks in advance for your answers,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,346 Views)
A simple build array will do if you just want to add the element at the end.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,339 Views)

hey,

I just tried it and it doesn't appear to be working...I'll try to elaborate on the problem at hand:

so I have these elements, which are structures and which I get from bundling some parameters. Now, each and every one of them may be considered as ...say a 'signature'.

And I want to be able to keep track of these 'signatures'.So all of them are put into an array of clusters.

As soon as I find a new one, I want it to be stored in the same array of clusters (preferablly at the end, but this is not the issue).

So, my question is, how do I 'append/add/concatenate' a new structure/element/cluster at the end of an already existing array of clusters?

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,334 Views)
Did not know you were using the Build Cluster Array. You could have just used the Build Array. With the Build Cluster Array function, it first bundles each input into a cluster so if you wanted to add a new element, you would do the same - i.e. connect a bundle function to the element and wire the output to the Build Array.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,326 Views)

well, I guess I'm doing everything right, but no success...have a look at the image upload.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cloharsro
As I said, you have to add the bundle function to make a cluster in a cluster. Wire one inline with that broken wire or replace the Build Cluster Array function with a Build Array function. If you use the bundle function, you will have drag it to make a single input instead of the normal two. For my money, it would be simpler to just use the Build Array instead of the Build Cluster Array.
Message 6 of 9
(8,308 Views)

thank you so very much!!!

after re-re-reading your post (don't take me the wrong way, but I'm not a native english speaker), it took me a while to really get what you meant, I got it!

so now I use a 'Build Array' instead of the 'Build Cluster Array' which returs the same thing, basically, BUT one can use that as many times as one needs as a way of sticking a 'rogue' single elements into the general population of the already existing array of elements.

once more thanks a lot, you really made my day...I'll buy you a drink, next time we meet 😛

Adrian

Message Edited by cloharsro on 12-19-2009 01:06 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,301 Views)
So instead of marking your thank you as the solution, why don't you mark one of my replies? You can change the marked solution by clicking on the 'Options' link above the message body.
Message 8 of 9
(8,274 Views)

done.

my apologies, i got excited,  as would every newly comer to all of this, when things start to work properly.

🙂

Adrian

Message 9 of 9
(8,255 Views)