LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Directory primitive bug?

Solved!
Go to solution

The Application Directory primitive is giving unexpected output when running inside of a LabVIEW compiled shared library on Linux (so file). I haven't check for LabVIEW built shared library on Windows.

TiTou_0-1708330527668.png

Help says that when running in stand-alone app it should return the folder containing the app.
When running in a built shared library, it behaves differently, as it returns the path of the so file + relative path of calling VI to the application.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(507 Views)

Here's my proof :

TiTou_0-1708338772995.png

I'm reporting this to NI

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(467 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiTou

It took some time but I got a response from R&D via (tech support).

R&D's statement is :

it's expected (but not well documented), that the paths differ between Windows and Linux.

But that the behavior is not consistent for static/dynamic calls is not expected.

We filed Bug # 2699859 for this.

You can search for this number in the LabVIEW Release Notes of new versions to see if this bug was fixed.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(270 Views)

(Out of context) Out of curiosity, did you notice that your LabVIEW handles font very badly? (not very sharp and badly centered)

raphschru_0-1712153669058.png

Is it specific to the Linux versions, or rather because you are using the (poorly implemented) zoom feature introduced in LV2023?

Being rather compulsive about "pixel perfect graphics", I find these kind of regressions quite frustrating 😬.

Regards,

Raphaël.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(244 Views)

The root cause of the misaligned fonts on some Linux distributions is in the OTF version of Nimbus Sans. Replace this font with a metric-compatible alternative, such as the Type1 version of Nimbus Sans, any version of Liberation Sans, etc.

For example, Ubuntu 20.04 is installing both OTF and T1 variants of this font, allowing for the following workaround in ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
 <selectfont>
  <rejectfont>
   <glob>/usr/share/fonts/opentype/urw-base35/Nimbus*.otf</glob>
  </rejectfont>
 </selectfont>
</fontconfig>

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 5 of 5