LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array to Image Inconsitency

Hello, 

I am using labview 10.0 to take images over time and then recording pixel values.  The camera I am using produces a U8 array and I have 2 methods for getting the data:

1.  I use the labview array tools to select a subset of the U8 array and save it as a txt file.

2.  I use the arraytoimage VI to convert the output to tiffs which I can then use another program to take line profiles of.

In theory these two methods should give the same answer, but they don't.  I have attached a VI with the two methods and a picture of the VI comparison.  I have also attached a graph of the signal comparing the two methods.

In theory the two curves should look the same as they are the exact same pixel, the only difference is that one is straight from the array, and the other was converted to Tiff and then reconverted to an array with Origin 8.  This makes me believe that something is messing up with the array to image conversion, or the saving to a Tiff.  I tried jpg, but that is even worse as jpg has compression.

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,050 Views)

Are you sure that the two different calls to your get image VI are retrieving exactly the same data?

Try using a single call and branch the data to the two different methods.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,008 Views)