LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner SoftMotion Question - controlling 2 axes in parallel

I wish to control multiple axes simultaneously. The plan is to have a VI that controls that angle of each axis in "manual" and "automatic" modes (meaning with and without human intervention). I want to do this by making a sub-VI that has a series of inputs for each axis (angle 1, angle 2, etc.) and an output that indicates when that motion is finished. This will allow me to use easy logic to go through a series of steps (e.g. first rotate motor 1 but keep the rest at 0, then rotate motor 2 and 3, etc.).

I made this sample VI that uses some stripped down synchronous SoftMotion VIs. This would be a subVI that has the input and output shown in the attachment.

I use a queue to communicate the data, and I flush the queue when the motion is finished to prevent the motor(s) from moving to angles that have already been achieved -- effectively I'm cleaning the slate after each motion-completion.

Does anyone have any recommendations for how this can be improved? I'm worried about packet loss or data confusion. Can someone more skilled than I take a look at the architecture and offer their suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,156 Views)