LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Disappearing TAB in standalone app

Solved!
Go to solution

I built the VI on a 32 bit windows 7 and it doesn't show the problem. This may be a known issue. What version of LabVIEW are you running?

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 11 of 15
(813 Views)

All this has been tested using the latest LV 2012 version. As I mentioned somewhere else, what you tried is the only thing I was not able to try, so I am glad you did, but a bit puzzled by the outcome...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(805 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author X.

OK, I found the reason for the symptoms: layout differences from one system to the next. In essence, the page tabs were pushed upwards in a non visible region of the top pane when rendered on a Windows 7 machine.

I am not exactly sure what is the best general strategy to handle this problem, as it becomes quite cumbersome to check all object sizes and positions in order to set the pane size and position correctly when the app starts up... What beats me is that the distributed version of my VI doesn't show such a problem...

Message 13 of 15
(785 Views)

Interesting.  One reason I was not so helpful was that I basically stopped using Tab controls a long time ago.  I usually use a listbox or toolbar with a common subpanel or picture control.  I once was lured back to use only the tabs themselves (with images) as an enum which controlled which VI was in a subpanel.  Then I discovered that no matter where the window was located, the tip strip for the tabs showed up pinned to the top of the monitor.  Yuk. 

I do not know if the free range tip strips and crazy relocation you see are related or not.  Either way, I'd rather drink a Tab than use on a VI.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(777 Views)

I tend to do that too when the App is finalized. For a growing patched-up VI, adding a page is easier.

Eventually, I dug up the thread I was looking for, and the simple addition to the INI file (specifying the same fonts as on my XP machine) fixed the problem.

Sorry for the tremulations.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(773 Views)