LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building and installer - installers selected for this build are not available

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to build an installer from my project but an error pop-ups. Which I do not understand. All the submodules are installed on the PC and the licenses are up and running.

Could someone help me?

FranciscoBor_0-1645110313317.png

Kind regards,

Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,394 Views)

@FranciscoBor wrote:

I would like to build an installer from my project but an error pop-ups. Which I do not understand. All the submodules are installed on the PC and the licenses are up and running.

Could someone help me?

FranciscoBor_0-1645110313317.png

Kind regards,

Francisco

Yep, I bet all the software is installed on your machine.   So, now you want to install those modules on another computer.  That means you need to enclude the installers for those modules as part of your application installer.  So, the app builder is looking for the installation source files and isn't finding them.  Insert your installation media or download the installers from NI.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,390 Views)

The error is not about the installed software, but about the install media for the software. These installers can be on a DVD, a USB stick or can be downloaded from the NI web site.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,385 Views)

duplicate post

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FranciscoBor

I run into this issue often on computers that weren't meant to be build machines.  LabVIEW and all it's drivers and packages gets installed, and - understandably - all the install packages are deleted.  Then somehow it becomes the dedicated build server and suddenly everyone complains that they can't build installers.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,371 Views)

Thank you all from your answers!

I downloaded from ni website the installers (few GB each), and linked the location path when building the installer. Now everything works!

Kind regards,

Francisco

Message 6 of 7
(1,320 Views)

sfrosty_0-1648229906400.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,264 Views)