LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN-FD communication failure

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to establish a CAN-FD communication to hardware which is an evaluation unit hardware and to hardware through vector VN1610 but even though the communication is successful but i cannot get any response in my output. Can please someone guide what can be the possible issue?

sam137
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(500 Views)

The issue could be setup related.  Either wiring, termination resistors, or baud settings.  Is it also possible the device isn't powered up, or not sending anything?  All of these things need to match otherwise you will get nothing.

But also in the VI you posted, it appeared broken when I opened because the Output Table indicator was wired to the wrong terminal, but this might be a version opening issue.  As long as you can run your VI then this isn't the issue.

Also did you look at the included Vector Example CAN Read Write.vi?  Yours looks very similar but the read frames aren't looped back around between reads with the shift register.  If you don't do this I think the read frames will only pop up real quick then go away.  You set your loop rate to have a delay of 20ms which is quite small.  Like I mentioned the original example kept old frames, but the read only happened every 250ms.  I'd suggest starting with that example first.  Then if it works take things away.  If it doesn't work then look into your setup more.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(468 Views)

Thanks. The problem was with the hardware configuration. I was able to solve it

sam137
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(400 Views)