Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call DAQ Assistant from Labview code

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

how can I call the DAQ Assistant Dialog

DAQAssistant.png

from Labview code, and also from a the compiled program with Labview runtime?

Now I can configure the DAQ Assistant Express vi inside the block diagram, but can not change it during runtime.

But the DAQ configuration is not static. The end user have to change it.

A similar dialog is used inside Measurement & Automation Explorer with a global DAQmx Task.

Can I call this dialog from Labview?

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,920 Views)
If you need to change parameters, you need to use the actual DAQmx functions. Then you can create/modify the task in MAX, your project, or the front panel of your VI. The assistant is not intended for anything except simple programs that do not change. The example finder is filled with code that uses DAQmx.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,912 Views)

I know how to configure DAQmx tasks, channels ... by Labview code.

But I want avoid to redesign the same GUI of the DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,905 Views)
Why would you think you need to redesign the gui? You already said you know about MAX. Just get rid of the assistant in your program and use the existing dialog.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,895 Views)

I know how to use the low level functions from the DAQmx palette. But not how to call the DAQ Assistant dialog to change a Task.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,882 Views)
You can't. Already said that.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,877 Views)

You aren't reading the replies and what you're asking for doesn't really make sense.  If you understand the DAQ assistant is for simple tasks and the DAQmx API is for something more flexible, it doesn't make sense to ask how to open the API programatically. 

What is your actual goal here?  It sounds like you want something similar in appearance for your users to have to work with the DAQmx API in the background.  Creating a similar GUI is trivial.  You've spent more time arguing about it on this thread.  So, I have a hard time thinking that's your task either.

What is it you're hoping to accomplish?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,870 Views)

Ok. The DAQ Assistant cannot used inside a program. Only to configure the Labview DAQ Assistant Express vi, inside MAX and SignalExpress. Creating a similar GUI is not trivial if you see all the different dialog types.  But why reinvent the wheel?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,856 Views)
You don't have to reinvent anything unless you want to. That's the whole point of using a task in MAX and calling that. Then you can use MAX's dialog.
Message 9 of 10
(3,830 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter_S

There exists a solution to call the MAX DAQ Assistant from Labview code to create or change a DAQmx task: LabVIEW DAQmx Assistant VIs

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,792 Views)