cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i open a existing report using a report generation toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

Suppose I create a new excel report today and close the program, Tomorrow I open the same program and instead of creating a new excel file, i need to update the test results data into the excel file which was created yesterday, is this possible.

I am confused because there is no option called Open report in report generation toolkit, it just has create new report option.

Probably NI Guys can work on this...sorry if it is a;lready existing?

Is there any method to open a existing report?

Pls help.....

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by cancancanopen

You can use the 'New Report' VI with the template input set as the path to the report on disk, then use "Excel Get Data" to obtain a data set from the report.

2009-11-30_143056.jpg

-Bob

Message 2 of 8
(6,105 Views)
Report Generation Toolkit Example.png
Message 3 of 8
(6,096 Views)

As you can see in the above example, the method for opening a report is to use the old report as a template for a new report and then overwrite the previous report by saving the changes to the same file path/name.

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,094 Views)

Hello,

Thanks Bob.... I could open the existing report and get the data, but the message 3 of 4 i am unable to see any data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,091 Views)

Ah, I posted a VI snippet; it's a screenshot which can be loaded into LabVIEW 2009 as code.

I've attached a screenshot of what was posted.

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,088 Views)

Thnks.....

This solution is of great help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,083 Views)

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I'd like to use Report Generation Toolkit to enter data into some cells in the active worksheet of the active workbook but it seems impossible?! The user has in beforehand opened the desireed workbook and activated the desired worksheet. I use the 'New Report' VI with the template input set as the path of the active workbook (some self-made ActiveX calls to get the path). When this VI is run, howevere, the excel file is sort of re-opened and another worksheet becomes the active one.

I tried to make a customized copy of New Report.vi, New Report subVI.vi and Excel_Open_Workbook.vi so that the Report object works with the currently active workbook and worksheet, but I failed due to my lack of knowledge in LV classes and such things. It would've been an ugly solution anyway to have custom low-level VIs that does not follow when the RepGen Toolkit develops in the future.

Best regards,

Andreas Nilsson

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,658 Views)