LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't remove a file from Project

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a snapshot folder with four files showing in my Project. I want to remove one of those files from the folder, but there is no Remove From Library option for that one file. I tried to remove the entire snapshot folder and try again, but I can only remove the three other files and not the folder. The "Remove From Library" option is not available on the "bad" file nor the folder.

I tried deleting the project aliases file and restarting, no effect.

LabVIEW 2011 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(9,657 Views)

Can you attach the project file becasue in my LV2011 I have an option for the snapshot folder.

It should be there.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(9,627 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Can you attach the project file becasue in my LV2011 I have an option for the snapshot folder.

It should be there.

Thanks

His problem isn't that the snapshot folder doesn't exist. His problem is that he can't remove a VI that's in a snapshot folder.

This is a strange issue. Sounds almost like something is corrupt in the project. Can you roll the project back at all from SCC, just to test if the issue was still there a few days/weeks ago?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(9,623 Views)

Please see my attached file. In my project LVclass is snapshot folder and I am able to remove one file belongs to snapahot folder.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(9,615 Views)
deleted - oops
Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(9,592 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Please see my attached file. In my project LVclass is snapshot folder and I am able to remove one file belongs to snapahot folder.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Dude, HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT!

The problem is, it is NOT working. The option is not available when it should be. Something is broken in his project. He is trying to figure out why it's not working, not how to do it.

Also, you added no attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(9,575 Views)

As curious as I am about the causes of problems like this, I would probably bring the hammer down.  The lvproj file is simply an XML document, and there is no stopping the delete key.  The format is pretty clear, so you should be able to clear the item.

Message 7 of 17
(9,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BillMe

I should explain what I did to get to this point. I saved to my project part of the bmp.llb (in vi.lib/picture), consisting of four files and then replaced the sub-vis in the top level Read BMP File.vi with the ones in my project. One of these was "Flip and Pad for Picture Control.vi". Turns out after modifying the files for my need, I ended up with both a local "Flip and Pad....vi" (not referenced by any other VI in my project) and the one in BMP.llb (referenced by my local "Read BMP File.vi"). 

I finally just used "Rename..." to something different than the one in BMP.llb, and then the "Remove From Library..." option showed up. File removed.

So basically, the local file was clashing with a dependency of the same name.

Message 8 of 17
(9,535 Views)

@for(imstuck) wrote:

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Dude, HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT!

The problem is, it is NOT working. The option is not available when it should be. Something is broken in his project. He is trying to figure out why it's not working, not how to do it.

Also, you added no attachment.

As he says he is no remove option so I attached my project snpshot which is in LV2011 and he is using LV2011SP1. So What I want to tell him that it is available in previous version so it should be there. He never mentioned anything is broken.

I already attached image file in my previous post.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(9,515 Views)

Looks like renamed file original path is not found hence maybe posing problem.

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(9,512 Views)