LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot rename lvtest file

Hi,

I cannot rename (Right-click a .lvtest file and select Rename from the shortcut menu) .lvtest file in LV2013. I'm I doing something wrong here?

Example is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,906 Views)

I have LV2013 and cannot duplicate your problem.  It renames fine for me in the Project Explorer window.  The entire folder was read only when I unzipped it and I had to change that but that could be a side effect of the zip file.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,894 Views)

Talking to Andrej, he was able to rename lvtest file, after the PC was restarted. Probably some resources were blocked. Restarting PC, unblocked the resources.

Regards, 

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,877 Views)

After a little bit of additional playing I found out how the problem is reproduced. If I add a new unit test (right click -> New -> Unit test) or adds existing one (right click -> Add - > File... -> select lvtest file), I cannot rename the lvtest file. But if I restart Labview, then I can rename it. Renaming affects only newly created or added lvtest files, other lvtest files that are in the project can be renamed as expected.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,872 Views)

Also you cannot rename an lvtest file if it is inside auto-populating folder, even if you restart Labview.

The only workaround I came up with is to close Labview and rename lvtest files in a file browser and then start Labview again. Pretty annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,855 Views)

I just started with using the Unit Test Framework. If I see such things, that I cannot do basic things as renaming it I just get the impression this Framework is not very well elaborated. Please National Instrument, fix these things!!

Message 6 of 6
(2,791 Views)