LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture audio signal from DAQ input and save it as .WAV file.

Actually, I was trying to create a LabView VI to capture audio signal from DAQ card analog inputs terminals and save it as a .WAV file and replay it in the computer speaker so that the MIC can be tested as working fine. And the VI need to be interactive, including controls as RECORD, STOP and ABORT. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(245 Views)

Hi Vinayka,

@Vinayka wrote:

Actually, I was trying to create a LabView VI to capture audio signal from DAQ card analog inputs terminals and save it as a .WAV file and replay it in the computer speaker so that the MIC can be tested as working fine. And the VI need to be interactive, including controls as RECORD, STOP and ABORT. 

And what is your question (or problem)?

• You can read waveforms from DAQmx…
  • There are functions to save waveforms, even in a WAV file…
  • When your VI should be "interactive" then I recommend to implement a statemachine and use an event structure to handle frontpanel controls…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(240 Views)

Firstly, I am new to LabView programming, and I don't have good grip in the pellets that are used. So, I am not sure I can do it myself.

Below I have attached the LabView VI. Problem is that it has fixed time to record. In my application I need to record the audio continuously and save it as .WAV file.

When I press the RECORD button the recording must start and when I press STOP the audio should record till that point and be save as file at indicated file location.

I think you would help me.

Thanks,

Vinay Kumar Reddy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(180 Views)

Hi vinay,

@Vinayka wrote:

Firstly, I am new to LabView programming, and I don't have good grip in the pellets that are used. So, I am not sure I can do it myself.

Below I have attached the LabView VI. Problem is that it has fixed time to record. In my application I need to record the audio continuously and save it as .WAV file.

When I press the RECORD button the recording must start and when I press STOP the audio should record till that point and be save as file at indicated file location.

There is a "Training resources" section on top of the LabVIEW board to help you to learn LabVIEW…

I still suggest to implement a simple small statemachine!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(170 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for the advice, I followed your suggestion and implemented the state machine but then I encountered an issue.

In the present VI I am using 3 States as mentioned earlier. Now when I start the RECORD button the next two control buttons are grayed out and I cannot give any input using those controls. 

Below is the latest VI. 

Please have a look and revert if you get something.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(89 Views)