LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using IMAQdx Snap2, the left and right sides of the image are sometimes swapped.

imaqdx snap2.png

I am creating an application for image capture using the above IMAQdx Snap2.
This application acquires images from a USB 3.0 industrial camera.

Under normal conditions, the following images are obtained.

good.png

However, occasionally, I am faced with the trouble of getting images with the left and right sides of the image swapped, as shown below.

The part of the square with the right side cut off is on the left, and the rest of the square is on the right.

bad.png

If you know of a solution, could you please let me know?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(136 Views)

Quite interesting, I haven't seen such issue with USB cams, but have seen with CameraLink (or NI PCI 1424?), where Line Sync was unstable, caused such shift.

As very first suggestion I would like to recommend to upgrade possible newest compatible version of the VAS if not done yet.

In the compatibility chart the lowest listed LabVIEW is 2018, but for LabVIEW 2017 is the 20.6 should be OK.

Have you seen this with IMAQdx Snap2 only or also with MAX software as well?

In general USB should transmit image frame by frame and not pixel by pixel/line by line, so it looks like internal camera issue. USB transmission should not affect image in such form.

Are you using any kind of hardware triggering with your cam?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(115 Views)

Thank you for your comment.

The version of VAS was 17.5, I will update to 20.6 and try it.

This phenomenon is only on IMAQdx Snap2.
It did not occur no matter how many times I tried Grab or Snap with NI MAX.

The trigger for this USB camera is software trigger.

As additional information, this was not a problem when I was using this software on windows 10, but since I started running it on windows 11, I am experiencing this phenomenon.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(62 Views)

@yuwatanabe wrote:

This phenomenon is only on IMAQdx Snap2.
It did not occur no matter how many times I tried Grab or Snap with NI MAX.

The trigger for this USB camera is software trigger.

As additional information, this was not a problem when I was using this software on windows 10, but since I started running it on windows 11, I am experiencing this phenomenon.

Then may be makes sense to try other examples shipped with IMAQdx, they are slightly different, may be you will found code snippet which is free from this problem. When I have had similar issue with Camera Link (but that was "horizonzal" split), caused by wrong sync (but it was 30 meters cable with repeater), then I fixed this programmatically, means each frame was "inspected" for such shift by edges detection, then "splitter position" was determined, then image "shifted back" programmatically. Was no other way, we tried different cables and repeaters and without success, nothing was helpful except self-made software correction. So, the users haven't seen that internally we have such problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(56 Views)

Thank you very much.
I will try it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(46 Views)