LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center control on front panel

I try to create a VI with some controls in the center of the front panel. 

My idea was to create two vertical splitters and set the splitter sizing to "Splitter Sizes Proportionally". 

That works, but I want the pane in the middle to keep its width - only the both sides should resize horizontally. I can't find the solution. Is it at all possible? 

Any alternative idea? 

Madottati_0-1713877033627.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(130 Views)

@Madottati wrote:

I try to create a VI with some controls in the center of the front panel. 

My idea was to create two vertical splitters and set the splitter sizing to "Splitter Sizes Proportionally". 

That works, but I want the pane in the middle to keep its width - only the both sides should resize horizontally. I can't find the solution. Is it at all possible? 

Try to set left slider like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 15.02.55.png

and right slider like that:

Screenshot 2024-04-23 15.02.36.png

will this combination work for you?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(125 Views)

Yes, I already tried it, but if I resize the front panel, the right pane resizes more than the left one

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(122 Views)

This tool will be very helpful - https://www.vipm.io/package/jki_lib_panerelief/

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(110 Views)

@Madottati wrote:

Yes, I already tried it, but if I resize the front panel, the right pane resizes more than the left one

Ah, OK, I see. Well, if nothing else helps, then theoretically it is possible to get pane's size programmatically, and then change positions of the splitters with property nodes as needed. Not very elegant, but will work, definitively.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(108 Views)

This is probably what you're looking for:

Splitters2.gif

Message 6 of 6
(86 Views)