LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Digital Waveform Graph data names to my Channel Name

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Digital Waveform Graph. It is beautiful. The digital waveform graph is not using my human readable channel name as the plot label though. Instead I am getting a plot label like:

cDAQ9185-1F11688Mod3/port0/line3

In my case this in not very helpful. When I define the channels there is a human readable name being defined like "Upper chamber switch".

How can I get my digital Waveform Graph to use my human friendly name (Upper chamber switch) rather than my channel definition string (cDAQ9185-1F11688Mod3/port0/line3)?

Image 3.png

I HAVE tried the following but it did not work:

Image 4.png

The channel names are confirmed as being there by checking Array 2 indicator values.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,276 Views)

Hi flycast,

what about reading the channel names from your waveforms as a string datatype instead of those variants?

(If you would post real code [aka VIs] instead of just images of code we would/could help much faster/better…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,272 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi flycast,

what about reading the channel names from your waveforms as a string datatype instead of those variants?

That sounds great. How? The only way I c an see to get a channel name is by using Get Attribute that returns a variant.

@GerdW wrote:

Hi flycast,

(If you would post real code [aka VIs] instead of just images of code we would/could help much faster/better…)

Yeah, I agree. In this case I am reading TDMS files, you would need the TDMS files and it contains confidential information. In some cases I have created simplified VI's to post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author flycast

Hi flycast,

@flycast wrote:
That sounds great. How? The only way I c an see to get a channel name is by using Get Attribute that returns a variant.

Reading the help for those functions would really help!

See this (I had to read carefully, too):

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(1,245 Views)

Perfect GerdW - You are a genius! I read that but didn't clue in to what "NI_LineNames" meant.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,225 Views)