LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change New PC and Run my exe but some buttons are not coming.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I just change a new PC (it due to old PC already down), use with Window 11, and Same exe . But, it missing all bottom side button.

Please help me why it is happening .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Poojaavi123

Hi Poojaavi,

@Poojaavi123 wrote:

I just change a new PC (it due to old PC already down), use with Window 11, and Same exe . But, it missing all bottom side button.

What are "bottom side buttons"?

Did you install the EXE using an installer? (I guess that EXE was created using LabVIEW!?)

What kind of help do you expect for your kind of questions?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(815 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Poojaavi123

Was the executable built using Windows 11 as well? If it was built using an earlier version of Windows, you need to rebuild it in Windows 11.

Running Executables or Installers on Different Windows Versions

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Poojaavi123

You have not said what the previous windows version was? (Windows 95? Windows XP? Windows  7? Windows 10?). The older the previous version, the more likely you have problems. What LabVIEW version was used to create the exe? Very old LabVIEW versions are not officially supported on Windows 11. (see here for details)

Are you absolutely sure you have all drivers and other dependencies installed that your program requires?

Who wrote the program and what are the "bottom side buttons"? (This is not an universally recognized term!) Could it be that some buttons are hidden if certain external hardware is not recognized? Are these buttons on the front panel of your LabVIEW executable or are you talking about icons on the task bar or system tray?

Message 4 of 5
(782 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Poojaavi123

Please check the Windows setting for Display Scale.  Windows 10 defaults to 100% and Windows 11 will choose a different number based on the display resolution.  Just dial the number lower until you can see the entire LabVIEW front panel.   If 100% does not work, you will need a larger monitor with higher resolution.  Your older computer may have had a 4x3 display ratio and the new computer 16x9. 

W11_DisplayScale.png

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 5 of 5
(720 Views)