LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class control greyed out

Solved!
Go to solution

Really stupid question: Is the Control disabled on the FP?

Right-click - Advanced - Enabled State   ?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(1,510 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

no choices.PNG

It doesn't like that game

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(1,507 Views)

Ah. Because you have data there which isn't the default class data, it may actually be of a child instance which is no longer in memory. But surely that would prompt for loading the child on loading the VI? I dunno. LabVIEW is weird sometimes.

Message 13 of 29
(1,500 Views)

Can you throw a probe on it an run it to see what it's defaulting to? Like Intaris said, maybe it's a child class. Maybe the probe will show some more info?

Message 14 of 29
(1,494 Views)

@deceased wrote:

@Intaris wrote:

no choices.PNG

It doesn't like that game

If you first make the class control a TypeDef then you can enable or disable it from that menu.  If you then immediately Disconnect it from the TypeDef you are stuck in the enabled/disabled state that you set.  

Message 15 of 29
(1,486 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

Ah. Because you have data there which isn't the default class data, it may actually be of a child instance which is no longer in memory. But surely that would prompt for loading the child on loading the VI? I dunno. LabVIEW is weird sometimes.

I think this is an interesting thought. Looking at the class, this code is extended by a child. In the application it's always the child on the wire (it just does its bit then calls parent).

I wanted to check the theory, but attempting to run it went badly. Complete IDE crash : DAbort 0x0037C03D in MemoryManager.cpp

I'm thinking I should just replace these and move on with my life. Unless anyone else has any further insight.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(1,477 Views)

I had no issue setting child class data as default and then completely nuking the child class.  No errors, no problems.  The data is sliced as expected.

The only way I can get grayed out class controls with an unbroken VI is by disabling.  This can be done by making the control a typedef temporarily, using the Property Node, or using the Properties dialog.  If you right-click the control and select Properties does it show as Disabled and grayed out?

DisabledClass.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,464 Views)

Darin, properties for this one shows enabled.

props.PNG

Edit: Interestingly, if I set it to disabled and grayed, it gets grayer.

Here "in" is disabled and grayed

grayer.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,455 Views)
Solution
Accepted by deceased

Kill them all and move on before they corrupt more of your code...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,449 Views)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will follow Darin's advice and burn them with fire.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(1,444 Views)