LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking "VI Properties..." causes crash

Hello,

Everything else is working fine, but when I try to choose "VI Properties..." LabVIEW crashes.  This is suddenly happening on all my VIs, but it only happens on one computer.  It happens whether or not I've had the VI open for a while, running it, etc., or if I've just opened it.

Labview 7.1 on Windows XP (with all the latest Microsoft updates).  I have Fieldpoint, RealTime, and DSC module installed (along with the other typical items).

This is the "Error signature" I get from the "Error report" that comes up whenever something crashes in XP (if it makes any difference).

AppName: labview.exe      AppVer: 7.1.0.4000     AppStamp:406b53af
ModName: labview.exe      ModVer: 7.1.0.4000      ModStamp:406b53af
fDebug: 0       Offset: 001e7bea

Since this is isolated to one computer I'm thinking it's a Microsoft problem there, or possibly a corrupt LabVIEW program.  Any else experienced this and/or have any ideas on how to fix?

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,498 Views)
My first effort would be to try reinstalling LV.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,491 Views)
This may be an outside shot, but I've seen faulty print drivers cause this problem in the past.  When you select VI properties, the available printers in Windows are queried.  If there is a problem with the printer driver, this can cause a hang/crash.

Try accessing the print properties page in another Windows app--if it throws an error, you've found your culprit.

Regards,

Craig D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(4,427 Views)
Hi Craig D.,

Turns out we had problems with our printer drivers here before - would cause Excel to crash if you tried to go to the Print menu or some random thing.  And, we never updated the afflicted computer.  I just did, and voila, it works fine now.  Go figure...gotta love Windows.

Thanks for the tip!

H.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,408 Views)